Call The #1 Roof Repair Company That Fixes Leaking Roofs in Columbia
Don’t Let Water Damage Cause Even More Destruction
Water can cause a lot of harm to your home. If you let even small leaks continue, you are risking causing big-time problems that will require very costly fixes later. That’s why it’s best to have Bauer Roofing repair your roof leaks quickly. Our Columbia roofing contractors are here to help you care for your roofing system at all stages of its service life. If you have a leaking roof in Columbia, SC or nearby, give us a call now.
Through our roof inspection services, we can identify and repair leaks before major problems occur. If you ever notice that there is a leak in your roof, it is imperative that you call our professionals for assistance as soon as possible. Our expert roofers are ready and eager to assist you with any need you have for roofing services in Columbia. We can schedule your appointment today.
Common Causes & Areas Of Roof Leaks
At Bauer Roofing, our Columbia roof repair experts have been in business since 1989. As such, we have seen just about everything that can go wrong with a roofing system. Here are just a few of the problem areas that are susceptible to leaking that we routinely repair:
- Skylight leaks. Skylights are great for letting in lots of natural light, but they can be a problem area because of flashing seals, the fasteners, problems with the sealant, and micro-fractures in the glass itself. Regular roof inspections are an especially good idea when you have skylights.
- Chimney flashing. Here is another common trouble spot. The metal flashing, caulk deterioration, or cracked cement caps could all be problems. Whatever the issue, we’ll fix it.
- Leaking vent pipes. Roof vents have collars around the base of the pipes that can rust or crack, letting water pool around it and seep down into the inside of your home. Storm damage from wind and hail. Don’t wait. After a storm hits, get your roof inspected and repaired.
- Improperly installed shingles. If you had someone else do your roof installation and it is now causing leaks, we can still help you. We’ll inspect your shingles and can explain how we can fix the problem.
- Gutters that aren’t draining correctly. Gutter systems that aren’t functioning can overflow and cause a lot of problems, including roof damage.
- Tree damage. If a tree has fallen on your home and caused damage, give us a call for a thorough assessment of the damage and the best ways to repair it.
How Columbia Homerowners Can Spot Roof Leaks
If you have or suspect you have any of the above problem areas, a roof inspection is a good idea. Other signs you have a roof leak problem:
- Water spots on the ceiling
- Shingles that are cracked, curling or rotting
- Missing shingles from wind or weather
- Light entering your attic
The Importance of Repairing Roof Leaks Early
Whatever you do, please don’t ignore a leaking roof.
Water leaking into your home can cause extensive damage over time to the strength of your home’s structure. Wood that is consistently wet will swell up and rot. Drywall damage can also occur, and a moist habitat is created for mold and mildew growth. Mold, in particular, can present a serious health problem by triggering allergies or even releasing poisonous mycotoxins into the air inside your home.
If you have a leaking roof, don’t hesitate. Call in Columbia’s leaking roof experts right away. Also, remember, having regular inspections of your roof is a smart investment that can save you from big-time repair bills later. Want us to take a look at your roof and check for leaks? Give us a call.
If you need to hire a professionally licensed roofing contractor who specializes in repairing leaking roofs in Columbia, SC or nearby, please call Bauer Roofing at 803-955-0374 or complete our online request form.
- Dealing With An HOA
When it comes to installing a metal roof in many neighborhoods across South Carolina, you first have to convince your HOA to let you, and that can be difficult for some. I’ve had the pleasure, and I’m not being sarcastic when I say that, of sitting in front of HOA boards throughout South Carolina, helping… Read More
- WHAT HAPPENS WHEN A HOUSE ISN’T VENTED PROPERLY?
I received a phone call this morning from a lady who said mold had begun forming in their attic. Now, that isn’t uncommon, but the way she said it made it seem as though it was a lot of mold. She said it had just started recently and was quickly getting worse. So, as usual,… Read More