Metal Roofing the Best Choice for an Energy Efficient Roof in Columbia
Why? A Cool Metal Roof In A Warm Climate Can Save You A Lot Of Money
In this day and age of high energy prices, any change that we can make to our homes that reduces the use of electricity is an absolute plus. At Bauer Roofing, our Columbia roofing contractors are here to assist you in this regard. We proudly install, repair, maintain, and replace energy efficient roofs in Columbia, SC and the surrounding areas.
For Columbia-area homeowners, metal roofing is the smart choice for energy efficiency and saving money. For one, the properties of metal and the special coatings that can be applied allow for more sun to be reflected back into the atmosphere. Less heat penetrates to your attic, keeping it cooler.
For example, if you choose a Classic Metal Roof, there are options for Kynar 500 and Hylar 5000 coatings that come with special reflective pigments. These pigments reflect the infrared portion of the sun’s rays, the very rays that cause the most heat gain inside your home. Metal roofing also keeps homes cooler because of the ‘dead space’ that is created between the metal and the roof deck during installation. This barrier means less heat gets through to your home.
If you are interested in installing energy efficient metal roofing on your Columbia home or business, call Bauer Roofing today. Our courteous and polite staff would be happy to take your call, to answer any of your questions, and to schedule your consultation today. We'll be happy to take care of all your roofing services in Columbia, SC.
How much will a metal roof save you in energy costs?
At Bauer Roofing, our Columbia roofers always talk straight. Others will make carefully worded claims that seem to say you’ll save but don’t really promise anything specific. Here’s the truth: a house is a complex system and there is no iron-clad promise we can make about energy savings that applies to every situation. But we can make a few general statements.
- Most of our customers who install a metal roof in the Columbia and Charleston areas see some savings on their energy bill. A 20% savings is not unusual.
- We generally find that if the home has average or poor overall insulation, an energy efficient roof will make a significant difference. If a home is extremely well-insulated, you are more likely to see a lesser impact on your energy bill.
- Even small improvements to your energy bill can add up to serious savings over time, a value you should consider when deciding on the right roof for you.
- Metal roofs are more energy efficient than traditional asphalt roofs.
Proper Installation = Proper Ventilation
One other thing to note about Bauer Roofing and energy efficient roofs: expert installation makes a difference. For example, a roofing company needs to know how to install a roof that ventilates well. Ventilation is key – it makes for a more energy efficient roof and it also makes for a healthier home because moisture does not get trapped in your home, which can lead to mold concerns.
Always get true experts to install your roof. It will last longer, function better, and be more energy efficient. Want to talk more about energy efficient roofs with Columbia’s expert roofer? Give us a call.
If you need to hire a professionally licensed roofing contractor who specializes in installing energy efficient roofing systems in Columbia, SC or nearby, please call Bauer Roofing at 803-955-0374 or complete our online request form.
- When Columbia Homeowners Should Replace Asphalt Shingle Roofs - Your roofing system is the first line of defense that your property has against the elements and inclement weather. Years of rain, ice, temperature changes, wind, and other erosive forces will inevitably take a toll on the surface of your roof. Inevitably, every roofing system needs to be replaced. … Read More
- The Benefits of Metal Roofing: What Columbia Homeowners Should Know - One of the most popular roofing materials on the market is metal roofing. If you need to install or replace the roof of your Columbia home, you should give metal roofing serious consideration. Not all contractors have the skill and experience necessary to assist you in this regard … Read More